Sunday, January 24, 2010

Salter Balls

If you have not visited the feeblest blog at the “not thrilling” Politics section of The Telegraph website, I strongly encourage you to do so for a giggle.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/author/msalter/

The comments, as with the getreading website, are what provide most interest. Uhm, “hysterical abuse” (January 22nd comments)? Perhaps when suggesting someone has behaved like a lunatic for pointing out a tired level of distain towards Mr Salter, yes? The soon to be former MP is using the website seemingly because any criticism of his words brings about great defence by others. He cannot defend himself any more then, poor thing?

That aside, the blog needs defending by someone at the Telegraph. Otherwise, the number of comments would be noticeably fewer and the value would be more readily apparent. And I’m saying that as someone drawing no comments whatsoever. Which at least means I can relax and not run crying to others for help.

5 comments:

Oranjepan said...

Can I be number one then?

Blogs are only a publishing platform, to be a successful blogger you also need to understand how to build a distribution network to bring your product to the market.

There are a wide variety of way to do this - Salter has simply gone for the quickest and easiest by piggybacking on an established title to take advantage of his position.

Nowtas said...

You are definitely number one. Most of the others in Berkshire are strictly number two.

I don't think I want to be a successful blogger - it might raise unreasonable expectations of performing well elsewhere in life.

Salter and piggybacking should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Still, it is good to see evidence of a less likely, less crafted blog than my own drawing in as much negative feedback for the man as he gets in other, more interesting and worthwhile blogs.

Adrian Windisch said...

I attempted to comment on the telegraph and readinglist and couldnt, so this is a step up.

Salter yesterday insulted the pope, which might be of interst.

Does this make me number 2?

Nowtas said...

Happy to give you a lift, annoyed Salter has insulted someone I respect even less than he, and I commented on my blog after Oranjepan, so I am very much number two. Nothing wrong with third place though Adrian... at least, that is what I have been told many, many times in the past.

Oranjepan said...

If you've attempted to post on my site Adrian and failed then you're not trying hard enough - I welcome all feedback and encourage constructive debate. So perhaps you could try again.

As for insulting the pope, million's of people have done that many times throughout the years - you can't stop free speech!